Saturday, May 2, 2009

6.2, say what?!

We did it, Brian and I ran our second Flying Pig 10K this morning. We don't have our official times yet, but I know I beat my 10K personal record (PR) by at least 1 minute, Brian however may not have because he was busy being an awesome and supportive husband and running with me. :)
The weather turned out to be great, sunny and high 50s (that's my guess). Derek was calling for some possible rain this morning, so we definitely felt blessed to be running sans dripping wet. Brian sported his Paycor technical top they gave him last year- recession this year = no free cloths for runners- along with his new Pig running cap. I think he secretly really enjoyed planning his outfit. I bought a Sweaty Band at the health expo yesterday and am impressed to say that it did not slip off my head once! Happy customer, right here!
All in all I think we are injury free, despite our lack of training for this event. Brian was complaining of some mild left knee pain towards the end, and my right knee down to my Achille's tendon are pretty freaking sore, but I think we'll both survive to run another day. I might look into getting an orthotic for my right shoe if I'm going to keep having pain.
Time to cuddle with Wally, he appeared to be a little upset that we didn't have our typical Saturday morning ritual of sleeping in and snuggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment