Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Columbus

Last night Brian and I registered for the Nationwide Better Health Columbus 1/2 Marathon :) The race is Sunday, October 18 through the streets of downtown Columbus. And in case you weren't aware, a half marathon is 13.1 miles (yikes!).

So what made us suddenly up and register for a race that is 5 months away and more than twice as long as either of us has ever ran at one time? The rush on registering was because one of my patients told me yesterday that the half fills up really quickly so I should register ASAP. Granted she has never ran the Columbus half, so there may not be any merit to what she said, but she got me to register and commit to the race either way. And the distance is because someday, hopefully before I'm 30, I'd like to run a marathon. Since you have to start somewhere I thought the flat course in Columbus would be great for my first really long race. Brian really wanted to run the Flying Pig half a couple of weeks ago here in Cinci but didn't start training soon enough, so with Columbus being in the fall we'll both have plenty of warm running weather to train in. We may be crazy, but taking a risk is much more fun than not, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment